| The pond in the middle, 5 basketcases to the left. |
As we neared the pond a group of huddled survivors appeared. They seemed like a helpless bunch. As soon as they saw us they dispersed.
| 5 basketcases before they dispersed. One waved at us. |
Off to our right a fairly well armed group of residents appeared in cover. Since Dick and I were unarmed we stayed put and Ron carefully approached the armed residents as Frankie and Eddie provided cover.
| Ron talking to the 5 Residents of the area. |
Fortunately, the residents were friendly and were open to trading with us. Ron knew Dick and I needed fire arms so he was able to trade a couple bolt action rifles for a can of Coke. Not bad!
Another strangle vine appeared on the banks of the pond. Looks like we'll skip the water.
| A Strangle Vine waiting for its next victim to take a drink from the pond. |
Dick and I tried to rally the basketcases. We found it difficult. As soon as we approached one or two of them they just took off and hid in the bushes. Ron and his group had the same problem. The residents we traded with did their best to round up the basketcases. Either that or let the goons eat them for lunch.
| A basketcase taking cover. |
As Dick and I attempted to help a basketcase, we spotted a lone house (3rd PEF). Since Dick and I were still unarmed we stayed outside. Ron signaled that he'd go into the house.
| Dick spots a house! |
Ron's group entered the house. Only two soldiers and a couple of frighten civilians were hiding out. A bottle of booze and a book of matches were found inside - they might come in handy later on. The booze might be good for trading.
| Group meeting. |
Unfortunately, we will be unable to get water from the pond because of the Strangle Vine. It's too unsafe. We'll spend the night at the house and move on in the morning. Ron handed over the the two bolt action rifles to Dick and I. No sign of the local residents or the basketcases.
This was an encounter I created - attempt to get drinking water from the center of the table with PEFs. Game wise, we failed to get the drinking water. It wasn't worth risking our lives. The strangle vine was an idea I found online somewhere. No fame or fortune points gains or lost.
No comments:
Post a Comment